Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ultimate Reset Days 11-14: Phase 2 Recap and Results!

Phase 2 has been pretty uneventful and easy for us I think!  I have had a rough last few days due to my kids being sick and home all day with me, but they seem to be on the mend so I am grateful!  I still managed to prep and cook all of our meals with no slip-ups, and everything we ate was really tasty!  Here are some highlights:

  • Fruit Plate nearly every morning - score!!  I did try the mashed chickpeas and they were ok, but I decided to have fruit the second time they came up in the menu this week.  Love that flexibility!
  • Mediterranean beets - who knew??  I was a big beet-hater when we started this.  Either my taste buds have changed, of the method we used to cook these was better for me, because I loved them!  They were paired with coconut collard greens, which were also extremely delish!  This will be a repeat meal for sure.
  • Kambocha squash with tahini sauce - again, who knew?  I had heard mixed reviews of this online but really it was very good!  If you like hummus, this would be right up your alley.  I'll post the recipe below!
  • Kambocha squash, tahini, and coconut soup, basically a serving of the squash blended up with coconut milk to make a soup.  This was creamy and fabulous.  It also really helped warm me up since I am still freezing all of the time!

Yes, I am still cold...

I'm glad to know that this is a common symptom of detox, but I will be happy when I am not so cold all the time and I can return my thermostat to a normal level!  Luckily, we haven't really had any other side effects except a little soreness on and off, AND my monthly cycle is kinda out of whack.  That is a common occurrence on the Reset, so no big deal, just posting here for the sake of disclosure!  :)  As far as good side effects, I seem to be sleeping much better - still having crazy dreams too.  I am waking up very refreshed and have plenty of energy throughout the day.  I just feel good!

RESULTS!

This week has been slower in the weight loss department, as expected.  I have read that people tend to lose the most in week one and three.  Seems counter-intuitive with the Detox supp, but it was definitely the case for us!  It just really depends on when your body chooses to "let go" of the waste, etc.  Everyone is different.  We didn't do measurements this time, but weight-wise, I am down 11 pounds total, and hubby is down 26 pounds!!  He looks so different - his stomach is obviously going away, and his face and neck are slimming down.  You "de-puff" everywhere with this program - it's truly amazing!  We are really happy with the continued progress.  On to week 3!

Ultimate Reset Squash with Tahini Filling

Ingredients - makes 2 servings
½ medium kabocha (or acorn - I used buttercup) squash, seeds removed
4 Tbsp. sesame tahini
2 tsp. miso paste
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Cut the half squash into 2 pieces and place it cut side up on baking sheet.
Combine tahini, miso, garlic, and oil in a small bowl; mix well.
Cover squash evenly with tahini mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until squash is fork tender. 1 serving = 1/4 of the whole squash
(Check on your squash at 20 minutes and if the sauce is browning up too fast, cover loosely with foil.)

Nutrition
Calories: 267
Total Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 217 mg
Carbohydrate: 18 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 7 g

TIP:  Add 1 finished serving of squash to 1/4 cup of coconut milk in the blender to make a soup!  Add water if too thick, then warm over low/med heat, and serve.

A little funny from me - spent my St. Patty's Day with something green, but it's not quite the same!  :)



Pin It!

2 comments :

  1. Simply because we almost never can training, obesity amounts possess grown to be able to incredible levels in our land plus more people these days are generally death prematurely by trx exercises, diabetic issues in addition.
    For most individuals, the best types of work outs to take part in are cardiovascular workouts including strolling, running plus working, some year trx training study produced by your College connected with Alberta has revealed in which weightlifting pertaining.
    Prior to the final decision was designed to test any kind of unconventionally training program. The purpose of this critique is always to give a few methods common questions with regards to the preferred trx workouts
    Headgear Teacher workout system.
    The theory intended for TRX Suspensions Instruction appeared. These kinds of significant players wanted a conveyable, multipurpose and effective means of keeping in the best possible health exactly cheap trx where its quests may be.
    Conditioning Wherever, creator as well as retailer of your TRX, masking every problems with resources as well as artistry. In addition, buy trx
    products and solutions employ a 30-day fulfillment assurance if you are the item will not be for you personally.
    Many people feel, the actual TRX bring the all-inclusive home fitness space, however wherever promoted stands out will be as a valuable accessory for a present work out schedule. Your trx australia revocation Teacher continues performing exercises clean as well as entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trx Suspension Online are nothing but pendants that you can attach to any form of jewelry you like.
    The Cheap Trx straight are also closefitting and make a best fit for the stylish young man.
    They likewise have bogus TRX Suspension Training Sale, which are available on both wholesale and list at pocket friendly rates.
    A revolutionary online retail store with a difference, yes I am talking about the Cheap TRX.
    Be it gifts or trx exercises it provides the essence of style and quality that can't be justified by words.
    Let's just have a look into some of the Trx Workouts that may interest you.
    Most of the TRX Workouts Sale present here are actual collectible jewellery items.
    Possessing a trx straps sale is a matter of pride and a matter of envy for the onlookers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review