Friday, March 8, 2013

The Ultimate Reset: Day 2 Recap and Review


Ahhhh, Day 2 was a fun day to wake up to!  I had made it through Day 1 unscathed and felt pretty darn good.  The mild headache I had the night before was gone, no real body aches, and I was feeling pretty rested.  I decided to get on the scale, just to see if all the careful planning and hard work from yesterday was doing anything at all.  I didn't really expect much - a pound, maybe two lost?  Instead, I saw that I had lost FOUR pounds in one day!  That was great validation that things were happening!  I decided not to weigh myself again until next Wednesday because I know there can be fluctuations and I don't want to be disappointed.  I have always been a bit scale-obsessed, so I am exerting some self-control here.  (OH, and by the way, hubby was down SEVEN pounds!  His stomach also looks smaller - it's amazing.)  And let me also reiterate here that this is NOT just a weight loss program.  I will be happy to lose a few pounds, but this is more about eliminating cravings, cleaning out my insides (LOL), and getting back to "factory settings"!

Day Two:  The Details

As far as how we were feeling, for me, it was about the same as Day 1 - just a mild headache off and on.  Later in the day, I noticed some shoulder and upper back pain starting, but nothing major.  I was also pretty sleepy as the night went on, and just felt like loafing on the couch - which is why this post is coming to you today instead of last night!  Hubby fared MUCH better than on Day 1.  His headache was still there but much less severe, and he wasn't having any nausea.  He just said his muscles felt a little tired.  Not a big surprise, since he is on his feet all day at work.

The Food

Our meals were pretty tasty!  Breakfast was yogurt and oatmeal with blueberries, which Josh said he would willingly have every day.  Lunch was a Greek Salad with Greek Dressing - delish.  I'll post the recipe below. Dinner was brown rice with black beans, corn, and a mixture of avocado and pico de gallo (the kind you can buy pre-made at the deli).  It was very filling and tasty BUT I found myself getting soooo hungry a while afterward.  I have decided that this is due to one of three things:  I was at my mother in law's house, and she keeps cookies, ice cream, and all kinds of goodies stocked at all time - in plain view.  My kids were enjoying being spoiled by Granny while I watched on LOL.  So some advice - do not put yourself in these situations if you are not certain you can resist.  I did, thank goodness.  Second, I wonder if the carb content of the dinner made me crave things more.  Prior to the Reset I was following a Paleo-ish style of eating, because I find my body responds very well to it.  Now that I am Resetting, I am still following the meal plan from the guide, but eating a little less of the carbs like rice, etc.  However, cold turkey no carbs has generally worked best for me!  Luckily, our grains are cut down next week, and pretty much eliminated in week 3.  Third possibility:  I was used to eating every 3 hours with working out and everything, so my body may just be rebelling against the new schedule   Oh and for the record, Josh enjoyed the food and loved the Greek dressing, and declared that he was enjoying having salad every day - it will definitely be a staple in our house!

Looking Ahead to the Next Few Days

I have been told (and it's in the guide) that days 4-5 are the "worst" days as far as feeling kinda crummy because you are detoxing.  With this in mind, Josh took the weekend off just in case.  I am looking forward to it because he generally works long hours and pretty much ALL Saturdays.  So it will be nice to have him around for some family time.  Hopefully that won't be dampened too much by any side effects.  I will keep you posted!  :)

Ultimate Reset Greek Dressing Recipe


Ingredients
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. Himalayan salt
1 tsp. herbal seasoning blend
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Directions
Place oil, red wine and balsamic vinegars, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, mustard, salt, seasoning blend, and parsley in a blender or food processor (or your Ninja!), in 2 or more batches, if necessary; cover with lid. Blend until smooth.
Refrigerate dressing if not using immediately. If dressing solidifies when cold, hold at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir before serving.

Nutrition
Calories: 127
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Carbohydrate: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Sugar: 0 g
Protein: 0 g

Pin It!

1 comments :

  1. Trx Suspension Training are nothing but pendants that you can attach to any form of jewelry you like.
    The Trx For Sale straight are also closefitting and make a best fit for the stylish young man.
    They likewise have bogus TRX suspension trainer, which are available on both wholesale and list at pocket friendly rates.
    A revolutionary online retail store with a difference, yes I am talking about the TRX For Sale.
    Be it gifts or trx suspension training it provides the essence of style and quality that can't be justified by words.
    Let's just have a look into some of the TRX For Sale that may interest you.
    Most of the cheap trx present here are actual collectible jewellery items.
    Possessing a trx for sale is a matter of pride and a matter of envy for the onlookers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Bluehost Review